Monday, April 7, 2014

QUT Exercise and Movement Science students - some new faces

Hi everyone!!

I'm Rachel. I'm a 4th (final!) year QUT Exercise and Movement Science student.

A bit about me: I recently turned 21, I was born and raised in Brisbane and I live with parents, brother and our dog, Miika. My favourite  place in Brisbane would be Oxford St, Bulimba; I regularly go there with my family, I also love heading up to Mt Tamborine and the beach.

I guess I could say I started this journey when I was very young. I've been swimming since I was baby, although I no longer compete, I still do laps when ever I can. I played touch football for six years, something which I miss very much, but am hoping to return to next year. I've been resistance training for around 18 months and it is easily one of the best things I have ever done. I'm probably at the fittest I've ever been and I hoping to improve even more. I have so much more energy to get me through lectures and study sessions and my leg strength has also dramatically improved. I recently started cycling to further challenge myself and perhaps increase my leg strength even further.

I'm very excited to begin this journey into my career in the fitness industry. I'm further studying a bachelor degree in public health, alongside the exercise and movement science. I am passionate about preventative health and I have a particular interest in chronic and lifestyle diseases.

I look forward to meeting everyone and helping you all out with your training. Feel free to ask me anything, I'll try to be as helpful as possible!

Health and happiness,

Rachel

P.S. I'll try and put a photo up on Friday so you can find me when I'm in the gym. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment